See if you own a Covered Model
If You Own an LG Refrigerator, Your Rights May Be Affected by a Class Action Settlement
NOTE: Class Members can still submit claims for No-Cooling Events that occurred after September 22, 2020, but the date to file a claim for No-Cooling Events that occurred prior to September 22, 2020 has passed.
The Claims Administrator is currently in the process of reviewing and approving claims. Please note that the approval and deficiency processes are ongoing. Deficiency notices and settlement benefits will begin to be sent shortly and will be completed on a rolling basis. Please add DoNotReply@LGFridgeSettlement.com to your safe senders list so that any notice or correspondence is not filtered by your email program and please do not discard any envelope with the below address as a return address:
LG Fridge Settlement
1650 Arch Street, Ste 2210
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Per the terms of the Settlement Agreement, all claims submitted online or via email must have been received on or before February 5, 2021. For a mailed claim form to be considered eligible and timely, it must have been postmarked by February 5, 2021.
If Your LG Refrigerator Experiences A No-Cooling Event After September 23, 2020 and Within 5 Years of Purchase, Please Read Closely The Information Below.
- Please note that the following benefits, including Enhanced Warranty Claims, are being handled directly by LG, not by the Settlement Administrator.
- Under the LG Refrigerator Class Action Settlement, LG is providing Settlement Class Members with an extension of their limited warranty to five (5) years after the date of purchase of the LG Refrigerator at issue, WITH LABOR COSTS TO BE FULLY COVERED AND THE OTHER ENHANCED CUSTOMER CARE BENEFITS DESCRIBED BELOW.
- As a matter of convenience, Settlement Class Members may use, but are not required to use, the Enhanced Warranty Claim Form to request monetary benefits for No-Cooling Events that occurred after September 23, 2020 under the Enhanced Customer Care Program that provides Settlement Class Members with enhanced warranty benefits, including possible payments.
- In addition, the following measures will be implemented and shall exist for a period of at least three (3) years and will be effective during the extended warranty period for any Settlement Class Member:
- creating and maintaining a dedicated customer care team to address No-Cooling Events experienced by Settlement Class Members on a timely and expedited basis, with live operator support during regular business hours, sufficient to handle call volume without unreasonable delay. To utilize this live operator support, call or email:
LG Electronics Alabama
Attn: Claim Administration
201 James Record Rd.
Huntsville, AL 35824
- increasing the number of LG-employed repair technicians (which has more than doubled since 2019), and using commercially reasonable best efforts to maintain an adequate service network, expand its nationwide coverage, and ensure that LG meets or exceeds industry standards for responding to requests for warranty service;
- creating and maintaining a new program designed to provide incentives for faster repair service without sacrificing quality of repair, including a commitment that LG will undertake commercially reasonable best efforts to ensure that a LG-employed repair technician or an Authorized Repair Service Provider, as available, arrives at a Settlement Class Member’s home as quickly as is practicable, within seven (7) days of receiving the Settlement Class Member’s initial request for service, and with all necessary parts on hand;
- developing a new mobile service application for the use of service technicians, including both LG-employed repair technicians and Authorized Repair Service Providers, to improve accuracy in the diagnosis of problems with LG Refrigerators;
- investing in efforts to develop and upgrade parts and software to improve the cooling performance of LG Refrigerators;
- implementing a proactive consumer outreach program to follow up on U.S. consumers’ satisfaction level regarding LG Refrigerators and service performed on them; and
- enhancing LG Customer Care to provide Settlement Class Members that experience multiple No-Cooling Events during the warranty period as extended by the Settlement Agreement, payments as set forth in the schedule below, subject to LG’s verification that the cause was not the result of a Non-LG Cause. Settlement Class Members who experience multiple No-Cooling Events will be notified by LG for their eligibility for such payments and the amounts of the payments and shall be provided with a form for submitting claims for such payments.
ENHANCED CUSTOMER CARE PROGRAM
PAYMENTS FOR FUTURE NO-COOLING EVENTS
- Pursuant to Paragraph A.1.u of the Settlement Agreement, Settlement Class Members that experience a No-Cooling Event during the warranty period as extended by the Settlement Agreement shall receive payments under the following categories, subject to LG’s verification that the cause was not the result of a Non-LG Cause:
- Settlement Class Members who experience three (3) or more No-Cooling events shall receive at a minimum $500 up to the purchase price (considering usage period);
- Settlement Class Members who experience a delay of more than thirty (30) days for a repair by LG or an Authorized Repair Service Provider shall receive at a minimum $400, up to the purchase price (considering usage period); and
- Property Loss will be reimbursed up to $3,500, upon submission of reasonable proof.
- Payments to Settlement Class Members under the Enhanced Customer Care Program will be made in cash and sent directly by LG to qualifying Settlement Class Members within a commercially reasonable period, as needed for verification, provided that, in no event shall the payment be made later than 60 days from the receipt of an Enhanced Warranty Claim Form.
- You can submit your claim by email to email@example.com or U.S. Mail to LG Electronics Alabama, Attn: Claim Administration, 201 James Record Rd., Huntsville, AL 35824.
- Please read the Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement carefully. Your legal rights will be affected, and you have a choice to make now.
- The deadline to submit a claim for a cash payment is February 5, 2021.
|SUMMARY OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS||DEADLINE|
SUBMIT A CLAIM
|The only way to get a payment for past No-Cooling Events related to your LG Refrigerator.||February 5, 2021|
|Get no payment. This option allows you to keep your right to bring another lawsuit against LG for claims related to this case. If you opt out, you will not be bound by the terms of the Settlement, but you will also not be entitled to submit a claim for benefits from the Settlement.||December 10, 2020|
COMMENT ON OR OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT AND/OR ATTEND A HEARING
|You can write to the Court about why you like or do not like the Settlement, and you may also choose to attend the Final Approval Hearing on December 15, 2020 at which time the Court will decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement, with or without your own attorney.||December 10, 2020|
|Get no payment. Give up rights.||No Deadline|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement.
- Please note that payments will be made only if the Court grants final approval and the Settlement becomes effective. The Final Approval Hearing took place as scheduled on December 15, 2020. The Court granted final approval of the Settlement, an appeal was been filed and has since been dismissed. Additional information will be made available as it is received.